On Saturday, August 12, 2017. Registration beginning at 9 am, on Siletz Bay, Historic Taft District in Lincoln City, off of SW 51st Street. Only sand, water, shells and other natural beach materials found on the beach that day, can be used for construction. Forms can be used in the construction process, but in no way support the final structure. Hand tools may be used, but no power tools. This is an amateur competition, professional “sand artists” are disqualified from winning prizes. This is a fun, family oriented event, and we ask that your creations be done with respect to this tradition. There will be a variety of age groups, and a variety of categories for judging. Entrants must register the day of the event, before building begins. No registration fee, but we request a donation of non-perishable food for the Lincoln City Food Pantry.
For more information,
contact the Bay Area Merchants Association (BAMA) downtown manager,
Susan Wahlke, at 541-921-9329, or BAMAdowntownmgr@gmail.com.
2015 Sand Castle Contest Information:
- Registration is at 11am, on the dock at SW 51st Street
- All participants must register on the day of the event, before you begin.
- There is a Fee of one can or more of food per entrant, which will be donated to the Lincoln City Food Pantry.
- Choice of sand sculpture is up to you. Keep in mind this is a fun family-oriented event. We ask that your creations be done in respect of this tradition.
- Entries must be built using only sand, water, shells and other natural beach materials found on the beach that day. hand tools and forms of any sort may be used in the construction process but in no way may support the final sculpture. NO POWER TOOLS ARE ALLOWED.
- Young children competing in the 12 year old and younger category may receive limited advice from adults, however adults must refrain from telling the child what to do and physically assisting in any manner (if you desire, you may all enter).
- Judging will take place at 3:30pm, winners will be announced shortly thereafter. Stay with your creation until all judging is completed. YOU MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN!
- Sorry, professional “Sand Artists” are disqualified from winning.
- Report all emergencies to the registration table
- GROUP (or family)
- PAIRS (or couples)
- INDIVIDUALS (over 12 years old)
- KIDS (12 years and younger)
In addition to the categories above, there will also be various specialized categories to choose from such as The Best Cat, The Best Mermaid, The Best Pirate Something and more! Come and join in on the fun!
2015 SANDCASTLE PRIZES:
$100 cash will be awarded to each adult category winner.
Kids categories will have 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners with each taking home a “Beach Bucket Surprise.”
Your location on the beach, as far as which side of the dock you can build on, the East or the West side, will be determined based upon your entry.
Date & Location:
Saturday, August 8, 2015: 11am – 5pm
Siletz Bay, Historic Taft District in Lincoln City
SW 51st Street
TALENT CONTEST FOR REDHEADS ONLY – SEPTEMBER 13, 2015
+ to be held at the Snug Harbor Bar and Grill located at 5001 SW Highway 101, Lincoln City, Oregon
+ there will be two contests – one for those under 21 starting at 1PM – one for those over 21 starting at 4PM
+ $5 entry fee for single performers – $10 entry fee for groups
+ September 10, 2015 is deadline for entering contest; must sign in 20 minutes prior to performance time; a waiver form must be signed
+ “tinted hair” permitted
+ $850 in prizes and trophies will be awarded
+ food and drink can be purchased
+ Redhead Roundup slide-show presentation at 3:50PM
+ Call 541 996-4945 for additional information
CRUISIN’ THE BAY CAR SHOW – SEPTEMBER 12, 2015
+ to be held at the parking lot at The Bay House Restaurant, 5911 SW Highway 101, Lincoln City, Oregon
+ 20 plus classes from pre-1930’s to muscle car, motorcycle and truck
+ $10 entry per show vehicle
+ exposition and test driving of new all-electric vehicles
+ registration begins at 9:00AM
+ trophies awarded at 2PM
+ free admission to the public
+ live music
+ see us on FACEBOOK
FAMILY FUN AT THE BEACH – AUGUST 9, 2015
+ held on the beach in front of Mo’s Restaurant located at 860 SW 51st Street, Lincoln City, Oregon
+ old-time races for the family such as 3-legged, sack races, carrying egg with spoon mummy wrap and others
+ four age groups: 5-10, 11-20, 21-45 and 46 and over
+ first event starts at 1PM
+ contestants must sign in by 12:30Pm
+ waiver form must be signed
+ prizes awarded
Taft Beach Trials – register on the beach near Mo’s Restaurant from 9AM to 12:30PM
TREASURE HUNT FOR GLASS FLOATS HIDDEN ON THE BEACH AUGUST 9, 2015
+ special floats commemorating the 50th Celebration will be hidden on the beach west of the dock at Mo’s Restaurant located at 860 SW 51st Street, Lincoln City, Oregon
+ the event begins at 11:30AM and ends at 5PM on August 9, 2015
+ floats found may be presented at Eleanor’s Undertow Cafe, 869 SW 51st Street, Lincoln City, Oregon between 11:30AM and 5PM on August 9, 2015 for additional prizes
Saturday December 13th, bring the family and have some fun.
B.A.M.A Member Forum
For all questions, post, meeting, minutes, and or ideas. Check back soon for the latest information provided by the Bay Area Merchants Association.